Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 3... School :)

I have been with my family for almost two days now and I am having a great time. On Sunday I walked around my neighborhood with my host sister and in the afternoon we drove the route to my school so that we would know how long it would take. There was also a big soccer game yesterday and I watched part of that on the television. It was an interesting game.... there is a really good team called River and they lost yesterday and the River supporters went crazy. There were fires, fighting, and people were throwing things. The police had to come to help keep the peace. I guess that the fighting shows how much people from Argentina like their soccer! After the soccer game my family and I went to a hardware store to buy wood, because my family is doing work on their house. After returning from the hardware store my sister and I played a card game called quince. Overall it seemed to be a pretty normal sunday :)

This morning I went to school for the first time. Let me just say that it was completely overwhelming. I got to school around 9 after the school had already started and I talked to the director of the school. After getting all the information in order I went to a class. Immediatly after being introduced I was asked many questions. The only thing that my classmates know about the United States is what they see on TV. They wanted to know about  music, clothes, food, popular cities, snow... etc. There were so many people asking me questions I didn´t know what to do! Although I understand spanish pretty well it takes me a while to comprehend what people are saying, and my classmates thought that I didn´t know Spanish! They talked in English the whole time! I guess it is a sign that they want to get to know me! 

Well I still have not figured out how to add photos.... but I will figure it out soon! Adios for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment