Saturday, June 25, 2011

In Argentina!

I have arrived in Argentina! I left my house in the middle of last week and went to miami for an orientation. The orientation was with students going to Paraguay, Chile, and Argentina. After a day and a half of the orientation me and the other twenty four students going to Argentina went to the airport. We had an 8:30 at night flight from Miami to Buenos Aires and we arrived at 6:30 in the morning. On the flight I got to watch movies and listen to music on a small TV on the back of the seat in front of me, which kept me entertained. The only problem with the TV was that the the seat next to me happened to be empty, and the TV was broken. During the whole flight the TV would turn on by itself then turn off again. The TV kept me awake the whole flight and I got no sleep.
 When I arrived in the Buenos Aires airport I was met by AFS volunteers and we went to another orientation. We were brought to a lovely house in the outskirts of Buenos Aires for the orientation. This orientation was more fun than the one in Miami though, and it included a dance party that went until midnight!

Then after we finished the orientation at four the other exchange students and I went to a bus station to either wait for a bus that would go to a different city, or to wait for out host families. At about six thirty a group of AFS volunteers from Buenos Aires came to tell me about my school and other important information. Then at seven my host family arrived. All of the AFS volunteers and my family thought that I was really nervous.. which i was! After introductions I went home with my host family which took about a half hour from the bus station to my new house. After my host family showed me my room and the rest of the house I unpacked my luggage and then we had dinner. Having dinner at eight or nine is one thing that I will have to get used to!

Well I guess thats it for now... I will upload pictures later!

No comments:

Post a Comment