Monday, July 4, 2011

Welcome to Buenos Aires!

I got to explore Buenos Aires finally! On Friday night my sister and I hung out with a family friend and we went to watch a big futbol game. We stayed up untill 2 am... then slept at the family friends house. On Saturday my sister Guille slept until two in the afternoon, and when she finally woke up my mom picked us up and we went to explore Buenos Aires. We drove around for a while, then we went to an art museum. The art museum had amazing paintings, some from the 16th century! When we finished at the museum it was dark, and so I got to see some sights in the dark! The casa rosada is where the president lives and I think night is the best time to see it!
Unfortunately I did not bring my camera on Friday night.... so I didn't have it for Saturday :(  you'll just have to trust me when I say that I had a great time.

On Sunday my family and I drove around to see more of Buenos Aires. While we were driving around my parents saw a market and decided that we would stop. What seemed like a small market of arts and crafts just kept going! There was a large plaza and there were little vendors everywhere. You could buy factory made things, handmade things, food, clothes, bracelets... and so much more. My sister bought a pair of hand made clay earrings, and I brought a hand made hair clip (see picture). At the plaza there was also a small lake... and we thought that it would be a good time to get a family picture (finally).


After going to the market I went with my sister to watch a skating recital. When she told me that it was a skating recital I assumed that it was ice skating.... but it was not. It was roller skating! I didn't know that people compete in roller skating! At the recital there were skaters of all ages. There were some older girls who had been doing skating for years... and there were some little tiny girls who could barely skate at all. I think one of them was 3 years old! The whole recital was quite enjoyable.










I'm so glad that I got to explore this weekend.... it made me feel like I am actually in a different country!

Besos para todos!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I really like your blog. I want to go abroad next summer with AFS and I was wondering if you can answer some of my questions?

    My email is loukyowolfe@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete